The System of Work in the International Center of Strategic Researches and Information
The work in any institution (*) begins with a numerous number of ideas that determine its course for achieving the goal, then for succeeding and developing this institution aspires to.
The success and the evolution of the work of any institution needs the securing of the resolution elements for its president in charge and, therefore, highlights the role of the purposeful scientific research in its political, social, cultural, cognitive, educational, legal, economical, security related, environmental and technical dimensions etc. and other dimensions (related to the nature of the institution's work) and this research aims to identify the key elements, objectivity and realism of the topics determined by the president in charge, those elements that help in planning for finding solutions to both existing dilemmas as well as anticipated and emergency ones and securing the elements of its successful implementation at all levels and its extensions and exchanged effects with national (local), regional and international reality. The work of scientific research also aims that the workers in the institution possess specialized scientific knowledge that will help them deal with the current and emergency dilemmas, whether it was natural and unexpected in its essence due to facts or just a reflection of specific issues.
So the International Center for Strategic Researches and Information works on activating and investing the process of purposeful scientific research under the guidance of the president of the foundation in coordination and understanding with the head of the center and in the framework of the tasks entrusted to him and identified in the cooperation agreement.
The holding of scientific conferences, seminars, workshops and lectures involving specialists in the field of strategic and forward-looking future is one of desired tracks that this center would follow.
The center also works on the tireless efforts to follow all developments affecting the issues identified by the president of the foundation, in coordination and understanding with the head of the center, which is invested in a particular circumstance for the preparation of studies and elements of his decision. All of that in the part fray supposed to develop its work and productivity as well as to develop the elements of its success and provide the guarantor basis of its work.
First: Center’s Tasks
The International Center for Strategic Researches and Information does the following tasks:
- Preparing the researches and studies for topics and dilemmas relevant to the work of the institution, in the near and strategic run and making recommendations that contribute to the preparation of the resolution’s elements.
- Keeping up with the activities and tasks of the departments as well as the local, regional and international institutions relevant to the work of the institution in order to identify and address the issues and dilemmas of direct or indirect impact.
- Providing the head of the institution with the summary of analysis done and their recommendations. The institution that is concerned in referring to them in the decision-making and issuing directive.
- Securing the participation of all sectors with the opinion and advice in the march of work, success and development of the institution.
- Developing the cooperation and coordination between the various public and private sectors in the political, social, cultural, cognitive, educational, legal, economical, security related as well as environmental and technical domains as well as others (related to the nature of the institution's work) when the institution's work requires it.
- Drawing the outlines of the institution’s policy aiming to achieve the best investment of the available resources:
- When the center has a consultative role for the institution, and after this institution determines the guidelines for its work policy, the center sets work programs, for the first 5-years, reflecting this policy and taking into account the “specific objectives”. The center also keeps on providing the interim advices for the institution in every matter, whether related to a short term or a strategic one linked to the course of their work. - If the center has an executive role, it does the following: Coordinate the implementation of researches of interest to the development of enterprise in all the political, social, cultural, educational, legal, economical, security related as well as environmental and technical spheres etc. Direct these researches and organize them in the framework of the work programs according to "paragraph (a) above."
- Following-up the developments of the situation in the sector that matters for the institution in its local, regional and international dimensions: What has to do with neighboring, friendly and hostile countries as well as alliances, regional blocs, major powers and international institutions and institutions in the world.
- Mentoring the technological information elements to serve the organization and protect it for the electronic networks have become influential factors in the international and local success.
- Implementing the center's annual plan for the institution of conferences, seminars, training workshops and lectures involving a group of specialists from within the country and outside the institution.
- Planning the scientific programs and public relations for institutions of different specialties and assisting them in achieving their goals through:
A – Defining the institution, its work, achievements and aspiration. B – Finding the understanding and cooperation within the institution and with the outside world. C – Producing a good vision of the institution and highlighting it. D – Increasing the interest in the work of the institution. E – Achieving the harmony between the workers in the institution. The goal is to ensure the success of the institution and increasing the importance and effectiveness of its role as well as revealing its good image for the public opinion and interested parties through the use of the following means: - Documentaries / public relations films of different kinds and sizes. - Periodicals (8, 12 or 16 pages or more under certain conditions). - Organize all events, especially conferences (press releases, scientific...), scientific and cognitive seminars, communication skills, public relations and protocol as well as government and public protocol courses. - Awareness campaigns (governmental or institutional). - Print specialized books to individuals or institutions.
- Carrying out scientific researches in the issues that contribute to human progress and the protection of human dignity and the institution of conferences, seminars and scientific lectures concerning it, especially issues related to:
- Consolidating the purposeful scientific dialogue culture between all the components of humanitarian and social communities. - The dissemination and application of the core, terms and rules of the international humanitarian law to protect human’s dignity.
- In addition to that, the cognitive, cultural and educational activities as well as others determined by the head of the institution in coordination and understanding with the center’s chairman.
Second: The formation of The Center
The center is composed of four main branches:
A - The functions of Strategic Studies and Research Branch:
- Implementing the studies and researches on the dilemmas that have an impact on the work of the institution and taking into the account all of political, social, cognitive, cultural, educational, legal, economical, security related, environmental and technical matters and others (related to the nature of the institution's work) in order to monitor the mutual influence, both negative and positive, on the work, image and future of the institution.
- Following-up the events that are relevant to the work of the institution and its developments on an ongoing basis through the annual publication subscriptions for the center.
- Preparing periodic summaries (quarterly or monthly) on the results of this follow-up process. This section summarizes the content that is of institution’s interest to invest and then publish it on the public opinion through the direct media or through the publications issued by the center or through the Yearbook (annual strategic magazine) or through any other cognitive activity that the institution sees it appropriate.
- Preparing the materials of the strategic yearbook and publishing it (Annual strategic magazine). Coordinating between the center and similar centers in the country in which the institution is positioned as well as cooperating internationally with similar centers abroad, according to the understanding between the president and chairman of the foundation center.
- Identifying the events in coordination with the institution that the center will consult in its discussion of the dilemmas and setting the treatment paths. That means, for example, representatives of all the public and private institutions and civil society institutions (i.e. unions, associations, and what is similar), social and non-governmental institutions, women's institutions (if found), regional and international institutions in all specialties as well as the ones with the required competence and expertise in the political, social, cultural, media related, educational, legal, economical, security related, environmental and technical fields and others (related to the nature of the institution's work) in addition to the events that the head of the institution in coordination and understanding with the chairman of the center see that is appropriate to be consulted.
B - The Functions of The Conferences and Seminars Branch:
Preparing and implementing the conferences, seminars, workshops and lectures involving researchers, academics and officials and a group of specialists from within and outside the country in order to supplement the institution with materials that form the infrastructure of the institution's work and decisions.
C - The Functions of The Media and Public Relations Branch:
- Planning, preparing and implementing the cognitive as well as public relations jobs belonging to the center.
- Securing the external coordination (locally, regionally, and internationally) for the implementation of the center's activities, especially what is related to the content of the first paragraphs (5), first (10) Second - a (5), and secondly - b (1).
D - The Function of The Monitoring, Documentating and Translating Branch:
- The continuous checking up on the content of the versions and publications to follow up and choose what fits with the institution's need to carry out its functions as well as translating the topics that serve the institution's work.
- Creating a library that contributes to meet the needs of the beneficiaries of researchers and decision-corners in the institution. Moreover tp provide them with it on-demand or automatically.
- Staying up-to-date with the informational development and investing it in the field of documentation in a realistic manner consistent with the possibilities to be able to refer to it when necessary.
- Following-up,in a scientific manner, the company’s website and providing the advices and recommendations.
Third: The Domains of the Center’s Work
The center works to implement programs and activities that fall under three domains:
A - The Research and Studies: It is the essential basis of the center’s work, which is based on:
- The Interest in strategic studies dealing with current issues and dilemmas relevant to the work of the institution, whether in a direct or indirect way, such that it matches its potential recommendations with the potential possibilities.
- Providing the brief studies to the head of the institution, which serve as "concentrated extracts" that facilitate the decision process.
- Visualizing unpredictable paths (future ones) to meet the specific dilemmas as a prelude "to the treatment and management of the situation or the crisis away" from the pressure of reality.
Moreover, the determination, by the head of the institution in coordination and understanding with the center’s chairman, of the subjects that their paths’ visualizing, renders their treatment proactive and far from a crisis imposed by the pressure of reality. The Developing of programs and activities aiming to the coordination with the references and authorities in order to ensure the success of the notable activities above.
B - The Preparation and Training of The Research Skills:
The center works to implement advanced training programs based on a defined scientific objective criterion, in order to encourage those who have applied professional skills or theory researches in the institution on digging deeper in the study of issues and problems. Therefore the center can invest their achievements, studies and recommendations as well as disseminate their output in the strategic yearbook.
C - Serving the institution’s Community:
Promoting and disseminating scientific implications in the political, social, cultural, cognitive, educational, legal, economical, security related as well as environmental and technical fields and others (related to the nature of the institution's work) big enough in two ways:
- Patrol "scientific - economic" summaries.
- The annual strategic business magazine.
Encouraging and developing the research movement in topics relevant to the work of the institution and that contribute to the strengthening of the elements of its success, progress and development.
Enriching the institution’s Library with books and related studies.
Proposing and organizing workshops and seminars for officials working in the institution, by which the issues are discussed. Issues determined by the head of the institution in coordination and understanding with the center’s chairman. Strengthening this orientation with specialist experts.
(2) The Programs:
- Periodic economical summarizes (monthly, quarterly): That include the enough size of the content of the conference, research, symposium, seminar, workshop, study or lecture. The content is related to the institution's work.
- The strategic yearbook: It is the annual scientific journal dealing with the following contents:
A - The distinct researches and strategic studies that are relevant to the work of the institution. B - Summaries of dissertations, distinctive and approved thesis that are prepared by those who are excelling in scientific institutes and universities, such that they serve the goals of the institution. C - Purposeful and focused summaries of the content of activities related to the work of the institution.
- The Authoring and Translation:
To boost the scientific development, authoring and translation of scientific topics relevant to the work of the institution for the employees, in order to sharpen the intellectual energy and to promote the education and knowledge in the field of work.
- The Program of Research Projects Support:
To encourage the scientific research relevant to the work of the institution and expand its horizons, the center proposes, in times of need and according to the coordination with the head of the institution, to participate with some of their administrators in specializing missions (conferences, seminars etc.) dealing with topics of an impact on the institution's work and contributing to the strengthening of the effectiveness of the strategic work it has.
- Any program determined by the head of the institution in coordination and understanding with the center’s chairman.
The International Centre for Strategic Research and Information works on making the scientific efforts to achieve the objectives for which it was established, and, in turn, in the light of coordination with the head of the institution under the banner of work that is: "Strengthening the role of scientific research aimed for reaching a scientific knowledge. One that permits the setting of a vision to serve the institution's success in the permanently developing future" (Knowledge, Vision, Development).
(*) - Wherever the word (institution) is found it means the personal or moral side cooperating with the Center (Government, ministry, emirate, administration, university, institute, institution, diwan, union, club, association, center, company, various armed forces, union, commission, committee, gallery, etc.). The word (Head of the institution), wherever it is found, means the person with the highest responsibility on that side. The cooperation and the implementation of the work could be done for the benefit of people with sociological, economical, cultural, political, humanitarian, religious, familial, tribal, clannish history and what is similar to that. Wherever the word (Center) is found, it means (the International Center for Strategic Research and Information). Wherever the word (Center's chairman) is found it means the (President of the International Center for Strategic Research and Information).